Case Elegance humidors are designed for the hygrometer to read 60 - 65% in the front gauge of the humidor.
The solution and gel are designed to stay at 68% - 70%. The front humidity gauge will read about 5% lower putting the perfect setting for our humidors about 60 - 65% . The space directly over the tray is about 5% higher than the open air in front where the humidity sensor is.
If you have hydro sticks they can be completely soaked in HUMIDOR SOLUTION and added to the box for an easy boost. They are solid cedar and should keep for a week or more without having to re-soak.
If you are just using water or distilled water for filling the gel or soaking the hydro sticks, it will evaporate faster than the recommended humidor solution, plus there is a mold risk even with distilled water.
As I've said before, we like to keep our cigars at between 65% - 68% humidity.
Please keep in mind that where you keep the humidification system is important. If you shove our gel in the back corner of the box, then it will be difficult for the sensor to pickup the humidity. Best to keep the humidification system in the center of the humidor.
If you live in a very dry state - southern California, Nevada, Arizona, etc, you can expect to have to add HUMIDOR SOLUTION more often to the gel and re-wet the hydro sticks. These states can hover around 30% humidity so you will be constantly fighting dry conditions. You also might need more HUMIDIFICATION GEL than someone who lives in the midwest or Pacific Northwest. In really dry months, it won't be uncommon to have to maintain your humidor by refilling and/or re-wetting the sticks once or twice a week.
In more moist states during the summer, you may only have to refill your humidor solution and re-wet the hydro sticks once or twice a month after the box has been thoroughly seasoned. During the winter months, it's likely your box will need more maintenance as it tends to be much dryer during the winter.
We recommend storing about half the maximum capacity in our humidor and rotating your cigars a couple times a month.
So if you are looking at a 50 cigar humidor - storing about 30 cigars is a relatively safe number. Of course you can store more for short periods but for longer term storage, filling up the humidor entirely means it will be much harder to maintain accurate humidity and you'll have to rotate your cigars more frequently.
The Glass Top, Carbon Fiber, and Cherry Front Digital Humidors can store:
1. We provide amazing support. Just check our reviews.
2. We provide you with a HUMIDIFICATION SYSTEM (Hydro System or Gel System depending on the model) with all of our humidor models. No one else in the market cares more about making sure your cigars stay humidified between 65 - 70% RH. We've taken the guesswork out of it.
3. All of our humidors are sealed with embedded magnets in the lid and external hinges to provide the best possible seal.
4. We use real Spanish cedar in all of our humidors - A LOT OF IT.
5. We spend an extensive amount of time testing our humidors in a range of humidity levels - meaning we know exactly what's going to happen to humidity levels in our humidor no matter where you live - and how to help you keep those cigars as fresh as possible.
6. Our front mounted digital hygrometers are the best on the market. We use the most accurate humidity sensor chips available and each batch of hygrometers is independently tested to ensure it's as accurate as possible.
Simply put, we care more about keeping your cigars fresh than anyone else. We'd love to have you join our family.
Having a little trouble getting it back up to 65% after putting in cigars. Followed directions for seasoning 48 hours and it was good.
Totally normal for the humidity to drop after adding cigars as they suck up moisture. Two ways to add humidity to the box:1) Soak the hydro stick with solution and put them back in the humidor. 2) Keep filling the hydro tray with solution until it's completely full. Check on it every day or two and keep refilling it.
1) Our humidor solution will help raise humidity much better than water - AND it will prevent mold from forming, so make sure you are using that.
2) It matters WHERE you place the humidity gel. If the humidity gel is placed far away from the sensor, or tucked away in a corner, with the cigars blocking access to the sensor, then it wont read properly. Best to keep the humidity gel in the middle center of the humidor if at all possible.
3) Where are you located? In drier climates such as Arizona, Nevada, or Southern California you might need a second humidity gel.
The embedded magnets in the lid and base of our watch box are very small (6 gauss), and the force of those magnets are also small. All modern watches are designed to withstand at minimum 20 gauss, with most able to withstand 60 gauss before magnetization occurs.
We've tested the magnets on hundreds of watch brands, including Rolex timepieces and have never once magnetized a watch.
We've also sold over 300,000 watch boxes and have never had a customer report a magnetized watch. Rest assured, your watches are safe in our boxes.
You have 30 days to return Case Elegance items and 90 days to return bucksaw products. We will send you a pre-paid shipping label if it makes sense and refund your purchase once the return has been received.
For defects, replacements, or items damaged in shipping, you'll be shipped a replacement right away.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Contact us.Contact