So you've just purchased the Case Elegance digital cherry humidor, and now you need to season it. You've come to the right place.
IMPORTANT: Fill included gel solution jar with CE Humidor Solution in order to prevent mold and keep your humidity at 70%
Take a look at our digital version of our popular cherry finish humidor. In this unboxing, we cover what is included and a few steps to properly season it.
Case Elegance humidor recommended seasoning method
- Buy the CE Humidor Solution - this prevents mold from forming in the CE gel and helps regulate the humidity to 70%
- Wet a sponge or paper towel with the humidor solution or distilled water and wipe down the inside of the humidor thoroughly.
- If you have hydro sticks - soak them in the humidor solution or distilled water - flip them out to remove excess water and drop them in the humidor.
- Remove wrapping and lids from CE humidifying gel and fill with humidor solution - do not use water as there is a high probability of mold forming. Place inside humidor (place in the front or middle of humidor).
- Wait 24 hours and repeat steps 2 - 4.
- Depending on how dry it is in your area (low humidity areas like any of the desert states) - you may need to do this for several days in a row to increase the humidity in the box and saturate the cedar with moisture. Once the humidor is above 68%, put your cigars in the box (the box is designed to hold humidity about 50% full of cigars).
- Depending on how dry your cigars are, you are likely going to need to keep adding humidity to the humidor by refilling the gel solution AND soaking the hydro sticks every day until the box stabilizes between 65% - 68%.
- In the winter time or if you live in a dry area - you are likely to have to maintain your humidor a couple times a week. In the summer or in humid locales, the maintenance requirements are much less.
Boveda packs - if you must
Some folks prefer Boveda, we get it. Your CE Humidor is designed and optimized to use approved Case Elegance provided and sold accessories, including our CE Humidor Solution & our CE Hydro Sticks.
While we don't actively test with Boveda packs, we talk to our customers every day. Two to four 69% or 72% Boveda packs on the top and bottom of your cigars should do the trick, however we can't be sure how long they'll last.
Our CE Gel will last at least 1 year before needing replaced but our customers tell us they have to replace their boveda packs every 1 - 3 months.
If you aren't able to reach the required humidity, the first to do is to try calibrating your hygrometer - this is the most common issue.
As always, if you have any other problems, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.