So you've just purchased the Case Elegance Glass Top Renzo humidor, and now you need to season it. You've come to the right place.
IMPORTANT: Fill included hydro tray or gel solution jar with CE Humidor Solution in order to prevent mold and keep your humidity at 63% - 65% (the gauge will read about 5% lower than where the cigars are stored, so 63% - 65% means your cigars are sitting at 68% - 70%). Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for an adjusted hygrometer.
You may add a little distilled water to the hydro tray to boost humidity after you've added humidor solution, but be careful because adding too much distilled water can cause humidity to spike too high and it will be difficult to come down.
HYDRO SYSTEM VERSION
We began including the Hydro System in the Renzo Glass Top Humidor in late August 2019. Please refer to the correct tutorial for your glass top model. In this unboxing, we cover what is included and a few steps to properly season it.
HYDRO SYSTEM INSTRUCTIONS (AUG 2019 - PRESENT)
- Open the Hydro Tray by pulling up on one of the pull tabs located on the lid. Slide finger around to pull other side up. DO NOT force apart.
- Gently tear open the included "Gel Solution" packet from the pre-cut edge and evenly distribute the gel on the bottom of the Hydro Tray.
- Remove the foil seal from the "Humidor Solution" and replace the cap. Shake well before using. Pour into Hydro Tray on top of the crystals until they are saturated.
- Wait for about 30 minutes and add more solution Hydro Tray.
- Put Hydro Tray lid back on and place inside the bottom of the humidor.
- Place the wood tray over the Hydro Tray
- Soak the Hydro Stick with humidor solution and fling out the excess moisture. Place on top of the wood tray.
- Wait 24 to 48 hours to season. Repeat steps 3-7 until the humidity reaches 65% for a 24hr period. Do not be afraid to use the entire solution bottle, plus add a little distilled water in the first week during seasoning. The seasoning process could take up to 7 days. Dry cigars will soak up more humidity which may require more solution in the Hydro Tray and on the Hydro Stick. The humidor is designed to hold 65% humidity while half full of cigars. Keeping an empty humidor or overly full humidor will take more effort.
We believe the optimal humidity range for cigar storage is 65% using our front hygrometer. If using an additional internal hygrometer, shoot for about 68%.
Once seasoned, it's important to rotate your cigars biweekly and periodically refill the Hydro Tray and rewet Hydro Stick.
NOTE: The front hygrometer reads the open air in front of the humidor, this reading is typically about 5% lower than the area directly above the hydro tray. This is why we recommend keeping CE Humidors at 65% instead of 70%. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an upgraded hygrometer.
CASE ELEGANCE HUMIDOR (GEL-JAR SYSTEM) RECOMMENDED SEASONING METHOD
Ask us to send a free hydro system to upgrade you -- this system is outdated. Help@caseelegance.com
Winter/Dry Area Seasoning Tips
- When seasoning - remove the wood tray and the lid of the hydro tray - it will help allow the humidity to rise faster and meet the sensor.
- Use ALL of the solution in the bottle quickly AND order more on our website - you must use a lot of solution and add solution daily in the winter when seasoning.
- It might take a week to 10 days to get to 65% initially
- You'll need another couple weeks (and another bottle of solution) if you are adding a bunch of dry cigars after its seasoned. This is because the cigars are sucking up the humidity and the humidity is being held lower by the cigars. After you add cigars add solution every couple days and rotate your cigars to better distribute humidity in the box.
Boveda packs - do not use
We have extensively tested with Boveda packs in our humidors and have not had good results. We do not recommend using them.