So you've just purchased the Case Elegance OCTODOR humidor, and now you need to season it. You've come to the right place.
IMPORTANT: Fill included hydro tray with CE Humidor Solution in order to prevent mold and keep your humidity at 65% - 70%. You may add a little distilled water to the hydro tray to boost humidity after you've added the humidor solution.
OCTODOR SEASONING STEPS:
- Wet a towel with the provided "Humidor Solution" and lightly wipe down the inside cedar, including the removable storage tray. Do not exceed 1 /4 of the bottle. May require more than one application.
- Open the Hydro Tray by pulling up on one of the pull tabs located on the lid. Slide finger around to pull the other side up. DO NOT force apart.
- Gently tear open the included "Gel Solution" packet from the pre-cut edge and evenly distribute the gel on the bottom of the Hydro Tray.
- Remove the foil seal from the Humidor Solution and replace the cap. Shake well before using. Pour 1 /4 of the solution into the Hydro Tray on top of the crystals until saturated.
- Wait about 30 minutes and add an additional 1/4 solution to Hydro Tray. While you're waiting, remove the plastic pull tab from the backside of the digital hygrometer to turn it on. If the silicone backing comes loose, simply push it back into place.
- Place Hydro Tray lid back on and place inside the bottom of the humidor, on top of the wood cover. DO NOT place Hydro Tray inside the bottom storage cavity until humidor is seasoned.
- Wait for 24 to 48 hr to season. Repeat steps 1 and 4-6 until the humidity reaches 65%+ for a 24 hr period. This could take up to 7 days. Expect cigars to soak up some humidity which may require more solution in the Hydro Tray. It could also require one more interior wipe down with the Humidor Solution. We believe the optimal humidity range for cigar storage is 65-70%. Once seasoned, it's important to rotate your cigars biweekly and periodically refill the Hydro Tray. Occasionally, you may need to repeat step 1.
- After your humidor is seasoned. Put the Hydro Tray inside the bottom storage cavity and then place the wood cover over the Hydro Tray until it rests flat against the floor of the humidor. After, place the wood storage tray back to its original position.
NOTE: The front hygrometer reads the open air in front of the humidor, this reading is typically about 5% lower than the area directly above the hydro tray. This is why we recommend keeping CE Humidors at 65% instead of 70%.
Boveda packs - DO NOT use
We have extensively tested with Boveda packs in our humidors and have not had good results. We do not recommend using them.