So you've just purchased the Case Elegance carbon fiber digital humidor, and now you need to season it. You've come to the right place.
IMPORTANT: Fill included hydro tray or gel solution jar with CE Humidor Solution in order to prevent mold and keep your humidity at 65% - 70%. You may add a little distilled water to the hydro tray to boost humidity after you've added humidor solution.
Take a deep dive into the Carbon Finish Digital humidor. In this unboxing, we cover what is included and a few steps to properly season it.
HYDRO SYSTEM INSTRUCTIONS (AUG 2019 - PRESENT)
- Open the Hydro Tray by pulling up on one of the pull tabs located on the lid. Slide finger around to pull other side up. DO NOT force apart.
- Gently tear open the included "Gel Solution" packet from the pre-cut edge and evenly distribute the gel on the bottom of the Hydro Tray.
- Remove the foil seal from the "Humidor Solution" and replace the cap. Shake well before using. Pour into Hydro Tray on top of the crystals until they are saturated.
- Wait for about 30 minutes and add more solution Hydro Tray.
- Put Hydro Tray lid back on and place inside the bottom of the humidor.
- Place the wood tray over the Hydro Tray
- Soak the Hydro Stick with humidor solution and fling out the excess moisture. Place on top of the wood tray.
- Wait 24 to 48 hours to season. Repeat steps 3-7 until the humidity reaches 65% for a 24hr period. Do not be afraid to use the entire solution bottle, plus add a little distilled water in the first week during seasoning. The seasoning process could take up to 7 days. Dry cigars will soak up more humidity which may require more solution in the Hydro Tray and on the Hydro Stick. The humidor is designed to hold 65% humidity while half full of cigars. Keeping an empty humidor or overly full humidor will take more effort.
We believe the optimal humidity range for cigar storage is 65% using our front hygrometer. If using an additional internal hygrometer, shoot for about 68%.
Once seasoned, it's important to rotate your cigars biweekly and periodically refill the Hydro Tray and rewet Hydro Stick.
NOTE: The front hygrometer reads the open air in front of the humidor, this reading is typically about 5% lower than the area directly above the hydro tray. This is why we recommend keeping CE Humidors at 65% instead of 70%.
CASE ELEGANCE HUMIDOR (GEL-JAR SYSTEM) RECOMMENDED SEASONING METHOD
** If you have a humidor with a Hydro System please read the other instructions.
- Buy the CE Humidor Solution - this prevents mold from forming in the CE gel and helps regulate the humidity to 65%
- Wet a sponge or paper towel with the humidor solution or distilled water and wipe down the inside of the humidor thoroughly.
- If you have hydro sticks - soak them in the humidor solution or distilled water - flip them out to remove excess water and drop them in the humidor.
- Remove wrapping and lids from CE humidifying gel and fill with humidor solution - do not use water as there is a high probability of mold forming. Place inside humidor (place in the front or middle of humidor).
- Wait 24 hours and repeat steps 2 - 4.
- Depending on how dry it is in your area (low humidity areas like any of the desert states) - you may need to do this for several days in a row to increase the humidity in the box and saturate the cedar with moisture. Once the humidor is above 65%, put your cigars in the box (the box is designed to hold humidity about 50% full of cigars).
- Depending on how dry your cigars are, you are likely going to need to keep adding humidity to the humidor by refilling the gel solution AND soaking the hydro sticks every day until the box stabilizes between 65% - 68%.
- In the wintertime or if you live in a dry area - you are likely to have to maintain your humidor a couple of times a week. In the summer or in humid locales, the maintenance requirements are much less.
Boveda packs - if you must
While we don't actively test with Boveda packs, we talk to our customers every day. Two to four 69% or 72% Boveda packs on the top and bottom of your cigars should do the trick, however we can't be sure how long they'll last.
Our CE Gel will last at least 1 year before needing replaced but our customers tell us they have to replace their boveda packs every 1 - 3 months.
If you aren't able to reach the required humidity, the first to do is to try calibrating your hygrometer - this is the most common issue.
As always, if you have any other problems, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.